Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday 26 April 2009

Positive :-)

I started this morning feeling how scared I am of this IVF. Not so of the procedure itself (although I must admit that the full bladder thing does kind of scare me), more of the how do you get started. Right now I know I've got a list of tests to be done, not so sure how I proceed from there (how do I get an approval). And I was kind of feeling like I'll never pass this first obstacle (first obstacles are always huge in my eyes, almost impassable..).
And then I had another test done this morning, a vaginal ultrasound. She was reading out the numbers, and they were nice and high, in fact I don't think I had follicles this big [left - 18*30; right - 21*28 with a yellow body (Corpus Luteum)]. I know I already ovulated, so maybe non-leading follicles continue growing!? Don't really know, just know that after first thought of - yeah, nice numbers but it's never going to happen, I was thinking - YES I CAN! I was kind of thinking (beforehand) of giving up on that eighth IUI, focusing my energy on the IVF. But hey, with such lovely follicles without anything to stim their growth, I know I can do this last IUI (and of course get knocked up..). I will proceed with trying to get an IVF going (you know, as backup), but will also do this final IUI.

And then to enforce this positive attitude, I come home to a beautiful black hummingbird flying around in my house, and then the scales insisted on me being 50.7 kg [I would l-o-v-e to carry around that weight, it's even lower by about two kilos from my target weight LOL (yes, batteries probably need changing..).

So here is my plan for the next few weeks:
->Have biopsy (today! yes, top and bottom in one day..).
->In two weeks time get a negative result and an O.K to continue TTC.
->While waiting for results, start loosing weight. I think I'll put a goal of 5 kg in these two weeks (overall I want to shed 15 kg.).
->Try and schedule the PAP (last test!) for next week (actually, tomorrow would be more than great, but I doubt if I'll be able to get an appointment so soon).
-> When I get my period, start injections for IUI #8.
->I should be getting the PAP results around the end of the TWW, so just in case it's another negative, I'll be able to proceed straight away to IVF (hopefully beurocrasy won't take too long).

oh, and this new pill I've got, I think I'll call her Joy. Trying to read the psychiatrist's note to the doctor [so I can get a prescription and therefore pay a reduced sum, the psych is private] I stumbled on the last word. It said: start with [in Hebrew], and then something that looked like Joy (in English). Well, though I later managed to read it [50 mg...], I still I think I should stick with calling her Joy :-).

P.S
It's my Blogaversary today!! Yep, a year ago I started blogging about my efforts to become a mother. I was sure that in no time I'll be pregnant. Oh well, this IUI is going to work, and I will celebrate my 40th birthday (in one year and one month's time..) with a new born (or if backup plan takes place, then at least being pregnant..).

10 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Blogoversary!

I hope that all the tests come out just dandy for you! Good Luck!

Billy said...

Thanks :-)

battynurse said...

Happy blogoversary!!!!
I hope all the testing and appointments go well and are completed with minimal fuss. For me often the first step (getting started) is the hardest but once I'm going it's easier. Hope no one and nothing messes with your momentum.

princessoftides said...

Happy blogoversary!! Glad to hear you're feeling positive. Wishing you good results and smooth sailing all around!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy blogoversary! I do like the positive thinking.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!! And loving the positive 'tude! :)

Dora said...

Happy Blogaversary! You'll be okay with the full bladder. It's unpleasant, but far from unbearable. You could practice. Fill up, then lie down and press down hard on your abdomen. ;-)

Good luck with all the tests!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, having a plan and staying positive. It can get difficult when you've been ttc for a while.
I am convinced your tests will all come back fine, and you'll have a green light to have IVF!

Jo said...

Thinking good, positive thoughts for you!

Miss X said...

Happy Blogoversary! I have a good feeling about this round. Will keep you in my prayers. :)