Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Guinea Pig


My daughter has a new pet - a guinea pig. She feeds it, plays with it, cleans its cage (hopefully!) and whatever needs to be done. Well actually it is all because of Stirrups Queen and a post I was reading (http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2015/08/559th-friday-blog-roundup/) and Butterfly seeing the guinea pig just fell in love with that animal.

As it happened to be Peggy's birthday,

Peggy
[not ours but exactly the same..]
she got a guinea pig as a present!

And this is our [well Peggy's] new guinea pig:

As you can see, he's got a wheel and some food and water and some games (he did have a place for going into and Butterfly did try to make a see-saw for him).

I just love my kid's imagination and how she can play pretend and create a real-imaginative world from the things around her [unfortunately we are not allowed real pets in out flat]. I also love how we've learnt a lot about guinea pigs, each time she asks a question (what does it eat? does it like water? how long does it live? etc) we google it, watch a video and learn more about this animal.

4 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am cracking up! I obviously got super excited when I saw the title of the post and I'm like, "let me see the cuteness!" But what I got was so much better. That is a very good imagination.

I will have to start posting more pictures of my piggy so she can share him from afar.

Billy said...

Thanks :-).

Shannon said...

Love her imagination! So great!

Tiara said...

I love this! We've entered the world of imaginary friends here. Elena has a 2 so far