So yes, I ended up inviting my sisters to my blog (and wow! their ever so warm words.. Should have done so eons ago!!)
Just writing here a technical post for some of the terms. Funny how not so long ago I myself was struggling with all the abbreviations and jargon. What the hell were IMO* and RE** and 10DP2DT***.
AF and BFN were the first I managed to figure out, and was kind of happy when the next time I encountered them I could say - oh she's talking about her period or about not being pregnant (though it did take me much longer to learn what they stood for..). ISO**** was a funny one. I didn't even bother trying to figure that one out, since I was sure that "ISO the golden egg" was a name of some kind of a Greek legend (no, apparently not good on Greek mythology..).
So, on to the list of terms:
* BFN = Big Fat Negative (a negative pregnancy test result)
* BFP = Big Fat Positive (oh, and if I'm at it, can anyone explain to me why they are fat and big??)
* TWW = Two Week Wait, the waiting time until one can get a result on a pregnancy test.
* HPT = Home Pregnancy Test.
* IRL = In Real Life (as in you dear sisters!)
* IUI = Intrauterine Insemination (well, insemination in short)
* AF = Aunt Flow, probably a polite and nice way to say period..
* TMI - Too Much Information, i.e talking about bodily fluids and the likes (which might have just been an example for TMI!)
* CD = Cycle Day, what day of the cycle
[a list for my sisters, so tried to include the abbreviations I use. Hope I haven't missed anything..]
I have just become an auntie!!! Exciting :-)
Wow, this has become such an exciting day!! First the responds of my sisters, and now my little nephew being born. Just one big WOW.
* IMO = In My Opinion. My newest acquaintance :-)
**RE = don't remember the abbreviation, but the fertility DR.
*** 12DP2DT (and the likes) an IVF term, counting days after transfer.
**** ISO = In Search Of.