And now to the meme :-). FruitFish at Waiting to Mommyhood tagged me on this 20 questions & answers meme. According to the rules, you may replace any question you don't like with your own. And tag four other bloggers.
So here it goes:
1) If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
I had a dog. She was most certainbly part of my family! She was my first little girl. And I've mentioned before that my daughter was created on the same date of her death. For me that means a connection between the two. I now have cats. Can't call them members of my family, maybe distant relatives..
2) If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Living in a nice little house in the country with a little stream or maybe a lake at the bottom of the garden and also a forest with wild (friendly)animals. Raising both(!) my kids there doing home education (until perhaps high school?).
3) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Well obviously strive to make my above dream come true..
I would put a large sum of money aside for my kids to enjoy (both for stuff growing up and for their future like higher education).
I would then give some of the money to family and friends.
With a billion dollars, I guess I would still have plenty left, so.. there is this blogger whom I've been following for some years now. She could be the most wonderful mother ever. Except money speaks and she can't afford the cost of becoming one. I think it's totally unfair not to be able to become a mother due to finances. So I guess the rest of the money will go to her and other mothers to be who can't afford it.
4) What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Nature. Seeing a bird flying in the sky, or hearing it sing or a hedgehog or any other animal.
And of course my little girl. Her smile melts me down :-)).
5) What is your bedtime routine?
Don't think we really have such a thing.. Butterfly shows signs of tiredness, we go to bed. She nurses and nurses and nurses, mostly while doing some gym, butt high in the air while feet and head (hmm mouth..) are on the "ground", or turning herself without disconnecting from the nipple (she's a champ!) etc. Eventually she will fall asleep and by then I'm mostly so tired myself I go to sleep too.
6) If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other? If you aren’t, what have you tried in the past few years to meet someone?
Nothing much. That date I talked about the other day..didn't hear a thing. I think it was the baby that turned him off.
7) What kind of books do you read?
I like historical novels, but any good read will do :-) [the question is more the time.. one book I have in my bag to read when going to work, another is in the toilet (and not that Butterfly lets me..), a third with my breakfast (hmm again not that she so lets me) when I'm not on the computer.
8) How do you see yourself in 10 years?
With a ten year old and hopefully a younger brother or sister.
9)What’s your fear?
Plenty. Since the birth of my daughter, I think dying is the number one.
10) Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
Well on one hand I'd love to see outer space. And junk food is so not healthy! On the other.. I'm claustrophobic and being stuck in a space ship without being able to exit for who knows how long doesn't make me feel good, and you know, junk food is tasty! So I'm undecided..
11) What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Look at Butterfly and try to detrmine if we can sneek in a bit more sleep or if we call it day...
12) If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single - if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
no comprendo! If I'm in a relation I get to change any feature but if single it's the look that counts?? Anyway I guess if it's the looks then I'd choose a guy that looks like my daughter as she does not look like me at all.
13) If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I've been living with my name for over 40 years now, I'm pretty used to it by now..
But I like the names Sarah, and Ruth andRachel (again can never see myself in them and not names I'd pick for my daughter, just names I like).
14) If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Choosing between sun and rain?? Oh, a hard one! I'll be greedy and take both! And bring a nice rainbow too!!
15) If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I think I'd go with fruit (though technically that's not just one thing..)
16) What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I think most of all it's this sense of community. Reading about other SMCs (or SMCs in the making) and writing about how this journery unfolds for us. A place to vent as well as to share my joys.
And also knowing that perhaps one day Butterfly will want to read here, things that don't get written in her scrapbook..
17) Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Again, I am not making a choice as I like both!
18) What items are in your purse right now?
Hmmm.... you mean that empty (or almost emty though can't remember now what's still in it) thing thrown in some hidden corner?
But the bag I carry for work, beyond teaching material contains my wallet, a book I'm reading (see #7) a notebok and lip balm. In baby bag, besides baby stuff there's again lip balm, a hair brush (I never use it, but I always check back it's there..) and I think that's it (wallet of course when in use).
19) If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
I think I'd go with the beach. (though neither would be my first choice)
What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t? [have to change this question as I do not have a TV!] So I'll go with the reverse - What would you like to watch on TV that you are not watching?
Well there was this programme, I think it was called "Little Angels" in which a psychologist (mainly Tanya..) came and helped with some parenting issues. I liked it more than Super Nanny.
And now for the tags.. I'm tagging
- Naomi at Surviving Single Motherhood
- Jackie at Me Plus One
- Shannon at Musings of a Fat Chick
- Jess at Baby in the making
Zero! I have zero posts in my reader, as in - your reading list has no unread items! (and another half an hour of idle internetting as I forgot this hour's pupil is on a trip..)
Oops! seems I accidentaly pressed the publish button instead of the save on a nanny rant post I am working on..