Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday 13 April 2011


OMG is this what I signed up for?? I was not looking for just a second and.. I mean spitting out the avocado is one thing. I try from time to time giving her avocado, more often than not she does not like it. [don't ask me how she can not like avocado, that's beyond me. lol]. But I should have realized she's not hungry when the sweet potato came out of her mouth! And might I add that to make life interesting, that's not just sweet potato (and avocado, though there were only a few pieces and by this stage I've taking [well eaten..] the rest out), it's sweet potato mixed with tehina! Yes, sticky and gooey and what a mixture to go up the hair!!

And yes, seems like someone wasn't paying attention at the 'this is the side of the spoon that goes in the mouth' lesson.



! TMI alert !

While I do have fresh ones at home, they are not to be used on Butterfly (yes, she may put it in her mouth, and yes she may do so after I use it to clean her pee from the mat, but not on her dear tush. that kind of mother I am..). When she does a poo I wash her under the sink. Except for one or two really cold days when the water in the sink wasn't warm enough (and then I dabbed her with toilet paper I've wetted), we've always done it this way. Which means (o.k, reminder of that tmi alert..) me scrapping the poo with my bare hands and then getting it down the sink, throwing some to the toilet (now do you believe me when I say tmi!?). Funny how sis#1, when her daughter was a baby once said how she does not like cleaning the poo and how lucky she is that her hubby doesn't mind. Well for me, it's not that I love it, it's just that I love knowing it is done with love and care. So whenever the nanny says there was a poo instead of being happy that someone else had to clean her up, I always feel disappointed or sad that it was not me doing the cleaning. But I digress.

So anyway I was at the mall today with her for some kind of baby activity when she did a poo. I think a first for us, which yes probably means we don't go out too often, lol. Anyway while someone was minding my bag, I went with Butterfly to the toilets (in my socks!) and, not a nice experience. First, I usually begin with flipping whatever can into the toilet (yeah, suppose that alert is still good for here..). Nothing much went. Wait, first of course was cleaning girl's tush. Grrr.. only cold water. Oh well what can we do? But then what do I do with her when cleaning the dirty nappy!? Had to put her on the floor (at least it was a clean bathroom). Go to clean nappy (see above). So had to do it all in the sink. Now the taps at the mall are such that after some time they close automatically, in an attempt to save water (though I always finish washing my hands long before the water stops, so it's actually more a waste than a save [you can't close the tap manually]). Anyway this tap was something wrong with as I kept needing to press it (each press only lasted for seconds). Now I couldn't go to another sink because I had poo in the sink, so boy did it take me a long time to clean. I then see a nice pile on the floor next to girl. Great! She did another poo in the meantime.. And I'll add that I had no bag to put the dirty nappy in and there were no paper towels, so had to wrap it in toilet paper..

Yes, a day in the life of a cloth nappy user..


And last but not least.. the last few days I have these thoughts about my little baby who is growing so fast she very soon won't be a baby anymore. And how I want her to be my little baby forever but I also very much want her to grow and walk and talk and be a three year old and a five year old. It's weird wanting her to stay a baby and become a toddler at the same time..


EDT (because you really want to know, or hmmm see above alert!?)

Next morning, while still in bed and hoping for more sleep I realize Buterfly might need to pee so I put her on the bowl. Well a big poo, but yay for catching it! I manage to not take off her trousers completly when washing her, so I pull up the trousers, put her in the other room and get to clean up. I sit a few minutes by the computer and Butterfly is sitting silently on th mat. Too silently. Yes, more poo. We go to the bathroom again, trousers get off, girl's tush gets clean, girl is put in the bedroom while mummy cleans trousers and hands throughly. Step out of bathroom and... oh my! that's a horrible big lump on the carpet :-( So again the procedure of cleaning girl, cleaning carpet, putting girl in other room, cleaning self and.. you've guessed it! sigh. At least a very small one this time.

2 comments:

Jess said...

lol, that is a lot of poo! ;)

Dora said...

Love the picture! Learning to use a spoon is an adventure. Not my favorite part of motherhood, but I really feel for the clean freak moms. Food in the hair must drive them crazy!