Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday 5 August 2011

Breastfeeding Awareness Week

[image from Peacful Parenting]


Wanted to write this post on Monday, on the start of the breastfeeding awareness week, but didn't get round to it. And I'm hot and tired these days (not easy being 24/7 with a little baby. As much as I love her and cherish how lucky I am to have her, it is still not easy being the sole one responsible for her nurishment, entertainment, education, etc etc etc.. and did I say hot? and humid? oh, so very humid!). Wanted to bubble a bit about how breastfeeding is for us, but well.. see above. So I'll just say that above icon - that is soooo how my little girl nurses! She just cannot be still, all the time twisting and turning and wanting to get off the sofa (while still nursing, yeah?) or doing this or that. She really is probably practicing for the breastfeeding olympics! The picture below was taken on the day of her birthday. I love that picture! (it is currently the one on the background on my computer)

4 comments:

Little One said...

How old is she now? Scarlett is 7 months and I've just reduced to 6 breastfeeds per day (from 7) and according to "books" it's still WAY too many feeds. But it works for us...just might not work 5 months from now when I need her to be weaned to go to daycare. Help!

Billy said...

She's a year and a bit :-).
I nurse her quite a lot (mostly at night), but I don't call each nursing a feed (unfortunatly I don't have enough milk). So I really can't advice you on how many feeds. I will say that you should do what works for you, and what works for you now! Leave the books and the future alone! In five months she will probably be much more into eating solids and will likely want less to nurse..

The Pepperrific Life said...

Awww. I miss breastfeeding my daughter. I did that until she was 1 1/2 years old. I miss the physical closeness. It's simply unbeatable.

Coffeegrljp said...

My oldest daughter was the absolute gymnast while nursing. Upside down was always good for a giggle for me! My youngest is not quite as gymnastic yet, but is starting to show those tendencies. She's just 15 months now - sounds close in age to yours! Funny how creative they can be. Loved this tally!