Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday 29 October 2009

What Bugs You

Mel in her ungame post, had the question: "What is something that really bugs you?". [and let me just add that I loved that chaining game. I am not looking to add new blogs to my reader as right now I hardly manage to empty my reader as it is (too many wonderful blogs..), but it was nice peeking into a random blog :-)]

What bugs me? Well many things :-) but let me stick to the big and main bug. My house and how it looks. Messy and not clean. Or should I say very messy and very not clean.. not a place for a baby. And I just can't bring myself to work on it, and that scares me. There are renovations I am dreaming on doing here, and I know that would be a lovely place to be in, making the house fit for a baby. But before I can do any of that, I first need to have the place in a better condition. And I can't seem able to do anything about it. Don't know if it's lack of motivation or energy or what. Yes, I am still quiet tired (though less then before), but that shouldn't stop me! So I won't tackle it all in one, two days, but I should be able to do a little bit here and a little bit there.. But no, I do nada. While ttc, my place was in better and worse conditions, I had my ups and downs in trying to make it clean and tidy, but I always had the "excuse" that it was a difficult time emotionally which left me completely energyless. Not that now I'm full of energy (on the contrary!), but I'm more than half way past the first trimester. Time truly does fly, and only too soon I will be big and heavy and really unable to do much. And remember I still have the renovation I want to be done. I am lucky not to have nausea, I really should start working on my house.

5 comments:

battynurse said...

I tend to be a clutter bug too so I hear you. I'm still not unpacked and organized from my move and I've been here nearly a month. I'm much better at packing than unpacking. As far as cleaning up your place you could try a few different things. You could try working on just a small area a day. One room or part of one room. You could hire someone to come do it or you could have someone (family?) come in and help you do it. Good luck.

battynurse said...

PS: I'm really not telling you what to do. I just figure those are my own options and maybe they'd work for you too!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I found that I couldn't force myself to get in a place where I wanted to do a major overhaul clean. I just had to wake up and be there, ready to do it. Sometimes it helps to get organizing systems so you have a place for things to go rather than clean first and then get the folders, bins, etc.

nonlineargirl said...

I just made this comment over at Stirrup Queens:

It drives me crazy that people do not know the difference between "its" and "it's" - for the record "its" is possessive (like "hers") and "it's" is a contraction of "it" and "is".

cmay said...

I'm with nonlineargirl.
A LOT. It's TWO words. That's what bugs me. And misusing the "too" vs "to" words. And incorrectly using "your" insteady of "you're" or the other way around. Oh, yeah. And "their and they're". Those things really bug me, but mostly it's adults making the mistakes, so it's not my place to correct them, unless they actually ask me. I wish folks payed (or is it paid?) more attention to their English teachers.
But I guess, if that's my biggest gripe, I'm pretty lucky, huh?