Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday 4 February 2012

Going to sleep

or - Who took away my little girl?


They say you get used to baby doing one thing and then they go on to another stunt. Well putting Butterfly to sleep has never been an easy job. But then (I think at about one?) it staredt to be nice - I see she's tired, take her to bed, she nursed, sometimes took quite some time, almost always need to get out of "bed" (we sleep on a mattress) for this or that and come back to nurse and sleep (she'd usually just get out and straight away back in). Those were the days when the door was left almost closed, but not completely.
Then she did try and go out of the room, so the door was shut, and that was that. And we were okay. Well I don't think it's because she has learnt to open the door (standing on tip toes, she manages to press the door knob :-)) though it really doesn't help. More she has a very anti going to sleep (as I said, she's never liked going to sleep, but now it seems worse than ever) at the moment.
And she nurses some (in bed) then gets up and out - usually first stop is the potty where she produces a nice number two (don't ask me why she couldn't have done it before going to bed, I'm clueless just as much as you..), and I'm okay, so you were somewhat fussy because you needed to go, thinking that now it will be easy. Not. And at some point I really lose my patience. Because come-on girl, you are tired, sleep is good, have some nice breast, close you eyes and onto lala land. It takes me about two hours to get her to sleep these days, at the end I am quite exhausted! [and my apologies for being a bad blogger lately, by the time I do get her to sleep I am usually just way too tired to read and comment]. And I don't really know what to do. When I tried forcing her onto the breast, well bad idea. I don't want to force her to sleep and I certainly don't want my breast turned into something bad. The problem is that's the only way I know how to get her to sleep.. I won't lock the door even if I could (don't have the key). We (yes, probably me) were never good on routines. I guess that I just have to breath very deep, get lots and lots of patience (it is easier when I know and expect the difficulties..) and hope that whatever this is that it goes away soon!!

P.S - I hope you will forgive me for not editing..

4 comments:

The Pepperrific Life said...

If the problem persists, I guess you should see the doctor. You need sleep just as much as your little one does. Take care!

Laraf123 said...

Yes, it's true--as soon as you (mom) adjust to their routine behavior, they throw a curve ball. It's especially difficult when the new behavior involves sleep or the lack thereof. Hope you were able to rest a little this weekend1

Tiara said...

Being such a creature of routine myself, that's one of the things I found difficult in becoming a mom, the constant change change change in routine! Hope you're able to solve your sleep troubles.

Genkicat said...

I'm sorry this has been such a struggle for you and butterfly. I hope you find a solution soon.