Butterfly's Birthday

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday 21 December 2008

The Bare Necessities

The Bare NeceText Colourssities / Phil Harris, Bruce Reitherman
Look for the bare necessites
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life
Wherever I wonder, wherever I roam
I couldn't be fonder of my big home
The bees are buzzin' in the tree
To make some honey just for me
When you look under the rocks and plants
And take a glance at the fancy ants
Then maybe try a few
The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you!
Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
That's why a bear can rest in ease
With just the bare necessities of life
Now when pick a pawpaw
Or a prickly pear
And you pick a raw paw
Next time beware
Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
When you pick a pear
Try to use the claw
But you don't need to use the claw
When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw
Have I given you a clue?
The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you!
So just try and relax, yeah cool it
Fall apart in my backyard
'Cause let me tell you something little britches
If you act like that bee acts, uh uh
You're working too hard
And don't spend your time lookin' around
For something you want that can't be found
When you find out you can live without it
I'll tell you something true
The bare necessities of life will come to you
I asked sis to draw me a warm and motherly bear (prefferably broen) with a colourful butterfly on it. Kind of imagined bear to be standing, but oh well (LOL)...
So this is the new me. An image that will be O.K with me both trying and then (hopefully) when a mother.
I will now be going ungoogleable since I would really rather this blog not be found by my family.
P.S
no interne, writing on my brother in laws computer (have very limited time since he soon needs it). and really don't understand why the line spacing goes all funny.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I like it. My blog was just found by my sister and she has not said anything yet and it is bothering me. I need to figure out something. I don't want to move but I don't want my family reading.

Michal said...

I like it!
Did you call the image donkey.jpg as part of the plot to not be googleable? :-D

If you're on someone else's computer... do you delete your traces so they can't follow you? or can they be trusted not to, anyway?

Congratulations on the "new you" :-)

Miss X said...

Exactly why I'm anonymous on my blog. Not sure how I feel about my family finding my blog.

Love the bear & butterfly pic. Your sister is talented.

Heavy heart said...

Can totally understand about family not finding your blog..same reason why I keep facts about my college, education etc as vague as possible..the bear is sooo adorable..

Beautiful Mess said...

That is one of my favorite movies! I love that song. PERFECT!!!
Hugs and enjoy your day,
-D *ICLW*

Malky B. said...

Cute bear - I just read through your blog. Good luck on your journey. Sorry to read about the chemical pregnancy. I hope you are coping well through the grief.

ICLW

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I love that song.

I wouldn't want my family reading either but some people I know found me somehow.I know some of family have read it but they don't tell me they do.

The Bear is a great image. Very adorable.

Yes, delete the history !

Merry Christmas

Here from ICLW...No. 88
My Little Drummer Boys

Naomi said...

The bear is very cute.

If you don't want them reading it, then I hope being ungoogleable will do that for you. But my experience is, when people want to find you they will.

I don't know if my family does or doesn't read it. And I know friends that I thought weren't reading will make an out of the blue comment and I'm like...um, I didn't know you read my blog...

So I developed the attitude, if you don't like what you're reading, then don't read my blog. You can't please everyone all the time, right?

Anonymous said...

I like it!

I am constantly clearing my history, cache (sometimes even turning on private browsing) one of my friends used my laptop once and saw my blog. She made a comment right away, and asked who was the problem. I do not know if she took note of the web address (I hope not) and is reading it.

Here from ICLW
No. 87
The Unfair Struggle

Kristin said...

Great "theme" song and a wonderful outlook to have. Congrats on the new you.

Merry Christmas

*ICLW

Echloe said...

That is why I'm anonymous too. I'm thinking of opening a new blog that is invite only though to hide from people I know.