Well, besides my computer which I am hooked to, I kind of don't really live in the 21st century. Partly because as always I do things late (hmm, very late) but mostly because I'm an ideologue person. So my seven weirdnesses:
- I do not own a cell phone. Yes, sure there are times when having a cell phone could have helped. Times of emergency in which there don't seem to be any public call boxes. But I don't want a cell phone. I don't want to be enslaved by it. People are always telling me that I can always turn it off, but it is not the same, and well since most people do have cell phones, in times of emergency... *
- I don't have a T.V set. I did have one up until about half a year ago when I started clearing my place and happily gave it to my mum (who now has an extra T.V in her kitchen). I don't watch a lot of T.V and want that at least the first couple of years of my child's life will not be spent gazing at a screen.
- O.K, now we are coming to a point where I'm hopefully just not there yet, late as usual but that it will change. Hmm... I don't have a driving licence. Before enlisting I had quite a few tests (failed, of course. and can
contradictrefute the common beliefmyth of a free seventh test..). Since then I didn't really have time or (mainly) the money to learn. I am saving up for it, since even if I don't have a car, I think it's important to do.
- I don't own a credit card. Any. Like to have the feel of the money, to know exactly how much I spend. Yes, it has it's down side in a 21st century world like not being able to order things from the web or in general, but I'm O.K with that.
- Another just late point ( i.e really no ideology behind this one :-D). I have never had a massage or acupuncture or shiatsu etc. Don't know, I do want to but never go round to. And I think the more I never did these things the more scared I get. Sister #5 has invited me for a massage (yet to be done) and I bombed her with questions - do I lie naked or just with undies etc. (yes, I'm very shy of my body).
- I'm claustrophobic, afraid of heights and many other things. I'm not extreme and can go up lifts, but prefer not to. My rule of thumb is that up to the 3rd floor I use the stairs, above that I may use a lift. Monday is a day where I have to go up a third floor, followed later by a sixth floor with a very small and old lift - not for me! So Monday is my day of exercise :-D.
- The way I want to raise my child. Don't know how much I will be able to etc, but would love to have a home birth (I don't think I will be able to do that. Kind of frustrating as sister #6 who got the notion from me is and will while I won't) and to home educate, etc.
As always am late (ooo, very very late), so will leave them a note about being tagged later on..
* I do have a phone at home (I'm not that far behind.. in case not clear, talking about when not home)